Monday, October 22, 2012

labels have arrived!


I recently ordered labels from two sellers on Etsy.  The first shop I ordered from was Inked Papers.  Michelle was very good to work with.  I explained what I had in mind and she quickly sent a proof for me to look over.  I requested a few changes and she immediately sent me a proof with the adjustments.  The labels arrived quickly.  These are twill labels, 1.5" tall & 1.5" wide that I can fold over and sew into the seams of my projects.  The word "re•engineered" will show on the top of the fold and the back of the fold will have the wash & dry instructions.  The color is called "natural". 


 I had already received samples from Michelle, so I thought I had an idea of what to expect.  However, the labels that came looked a little more worn than the samples I had received.  Also, some of the labels are better than others.  The label on the left looks pretty good, whereas the label on the right looks like it is already worn off.  I hope they wash & dry okay!  I have sent a message to Michelle about the worn-looking labels.  If she responds, I will update you.

** Edited 10/26:  I heard back from Michelle & she has offered to send me new labels.  She had complaints about the plastic coating on the previous transfer material, so she had switched to a new transfer material and had not perfected it yet.  She said she has fixed some of the issues she was having with the new transfer material.  When I receive the new batch of labels, I will update again (or maybe do a whole new post...) **

The second shop I ordered from was Mommie Made It.  Lisa was also great to work with.  She was very fast with the original proof and the adjustments that I needed.  The labels arrived quickly.  These labels are also 1.5" tall and 1.5" wide, again so I can fold them over and sew them into the seams of my projects.  However, these labels are not twill.  They are a woven cotton material.  It is a nice heavy weight and looks and feels like it will not fade with washing.  I have to cut these out myself, but that is not a big deal.  The color is not a true white, but more of a grey-ish white.  I actually like the color better than bright white.  It is very complementary to many of the fabrics in my stash. 


The one mistake I made with these labels was not putting a larger space between the wording for the front & back of the label.  When I fold the label in half, I have to be very careful to not get the bottom of the 'g' in the fold.

Now that I have my labels, I can start making baby blankets for the upcoming craft show!  Lots of projects in the works for that... so stay tuned!

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment