Saturday, October 27, 2012

custom pillowcase dress

Remember this fabric?  I promise it did not actually take me 12 days to finish this dress!  I just got side tracked sewing baby blankets for the upcoming craft show & worked on the dress here and there between other projects.

I finished the dress late last night.  I really wanted to put it on my daughter for pictures, but since it is a custom dress, I didn't want to risk Tensley getting something on it.  That would be just my luck! 

This dress is really easy to make and goes together pretty quickly.  I don't have a serger, but my Brother sewing machine has an optional side cutter foot, which I immediately purchased, and really love using.  It functions similarly to a serger, so I can finish my raw edges and don't have to fold them under to prevent them from fraying.  (I should have taken a picture of what the inside seams look like so you could get an idea of what the side cutter does - sorry about not doing that.)

I am loving these labels.  I think I am going to use them up quicker than I originally thought!

Lots of stuff going on around here right now.  I am still making baby blankets for the craft show, as well as painting furniture (using Annie Sloan chalk paint!), plus I am planning / designing a table runner, and a really awesome quilt is in the works.  I can't wait to share it all with you over the next week. 

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment