The quilt kit I was sent was for a disappearing nine patch. This worked out great because I hadn't made that pattern yet (obviously since it was only my 2nd quilt - haha!). The fabrics were fun to work with because I love batiks and also because orange is the color for leukemia! The focus fabric was a cute dark purple butterfly print, which I was a little sad that I had to cut it into smaller squares for the pattern, but I think it ended up looking really fun! I could see a little girl just like my niece snuggling with this quilt while enduring chemo. Below is a close up picture of the fabrics.
You'll have to forgive the poor photography quality as I took these pictures on my iPhone and obviously no longer have the quilt to take better pictures. I did outline quilting 1/4" away from each seam. I think it gave the quilt a nice drape and left it slightly puffy, which I think a small child would prefer. Below is a picture of the whole quilt. Again, pardon the poor photo.
And lastly a picture of the back of the quilt. This fabric was a purple-blue fabric with more butterflies. Unfortunately I don't have information on any of the fabric as I didn't get any selvedge since the fabric is sent to you "ready to quilt". The selvedges are already cut off and the pieces cut as needed. Of course, it is nice that you can take the fabric out of the package, give it a quick press, and you are ready to sew! This quilt ended up measuring approximately 36" x 44" if I remember correctly.
I also sewed a label onto the lower right hand corner of the back of the quilt. The labels are also provided by QFK in conjunction with Tide's Loads of Hope project. If you haven't heard about that, you can read about it here. I really enjoyed making my second quilt and I hope a little kid is enjoying it right now!