Monday, July 30, 2012

kindle cover mother's day gift

For Mother's Day this year, I made my mom a Kindle case for her Kindle Fire. I had found this tutorial online and it looked like something I could make. The best part is that this cover only takes one fat quarter of fabric, an 18" x 22" (or equivalent) piece of interfacing, batting for the outside cover, and a piece of elastic! So I set off following the instructions and only had to rip stitches out one time. ;) I think a piece of pink elastic would have complemented the fabric a little bit better, but no big deal. I did make a few modifications to the tutorial. I cut the fabric 9" tall instead of 8" tall to accommodate the Fire since the tutorial is for the regular Kindle. I also used a 1/4" seam for everything.

Below is a picture of the outside front of the case with the elastic holding the cover shut. The elastic also flips over to the back so you can use it to hold the cover open when you are reading.



Inside the case there is a pocket that you can store the Kindle in when you are not reading. Or you can use the pocket to store the charger, a small notebook, etc.


And here is a view of the Kindle in "reading" mode - tucked into the 4 triangular corners.


-V

No comments:

Post a Comment